ExercisesThe exercise sheets appear weekly every Wednesday on this web-page. Solutions can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org until the following Monday 11:59:59 am. Please note also the submission formatting rules stated below.
- Exercise Divide and Conquer: Closest-Pair (pdf version 2008-10-21, submission deadline 2008-10-27)
- Exercise Line Segment Intersection, Polynomials (pdf version 2008-10-29, submission deadline 2008-11-03)
- Exercise Fast Fourier Transform (pdf
version 2008-11-05, submission deadline 2008-11-10)
- proposal for a solution: pdf (version 2008-11-12)
RegistrationIn addition to the HIS-System you must register for your exercise class within the corresponding message thread in the forum by entering your name. Do not publish your matriculation number because of data protection.
Important: when asked ignore the visual code and type Schindelhauer instead. This measure has been designed to fight spam-bots attacking our forum ((c) Arne Vater).
- 1 bonus point for each correct solution of an exercise task
- 1 bonus point for the correct presentation of the solution of an exercise
- 1 extra bonus point for an excellent solution of an exercise task
- PDF submissions mandatory: We accept only electronical submissions in PDF (e.g. scanned, photographed handwritten documents are allowed as well as Word or LaTeX documents exported in PDF).
- Correct subject required:
XX-Y-MMMMMMM Firstname Lastname
where XX = sheet number, Y = group letter, MMMMMMMM = matriculation number.
- 03-C-7654321 John McCain
is a correct subject line for the third week exercise solution of John McCain in the group C (of Stefan Rührup) with matriculation number 7654321
- Ralph Nader group A exercise 3
will be ignored since our autmatic forwarding mechanism cannot handle this format
- Only original work is accepted
- if a copied submission shows up, both, the original and copied submission will be rejected
- Deadline of Monday, 11:59:59 am must be obeyed
- later submissions will be forwarded to the tutor, but are not eligible for bonus points